Today is my first post, who will read it, don't know, but I've kept a blog for my master's program and have enjoyed it, so I thought I would do one for just my thoughts.
It is bone chilling cold outside and I've been trying to keep my kids busy with coloring and such since I don't want to take them out in this weather. I can't wait for spring to arrive and feel the cool crisp breeze on my face. The other day I took the kids out after we got some snow, my little man grab some snow and put it in his mouth. I looked at him and laughed when he said..."COLD." I put the kids in their little sled and just ran around the front yard with them. I think they enjoyed it.
Hubby and I are doing great, I don't think there has been a better time in our marriage. I've come to the realization as simple as this may seem that I am indeed a wife first and a mother second. I love my children endlessly and I don't know if it is something that new mothers get sucked into or what, but there were times when I completely focused my attention on my children that sometimes I overlooked the needs of my hubby. This caused many fights and dissagreements, but I think at last we've reached a point where if we do argue, it is civil.
So now I make more of an effort to pour on the affection, a kiss at the door, dinner ready as he comes home. He goes to work everyday so I can stay home with our kids and I need to show him appreciation, not resentment. So I email him to tell him how much I love him and need him.
I was surprised at how those little acts changed the dynamic in our relationship into a more loving and fun relationship and all because I forgot that I was a wife first.
And I got the sweetest email from him yesterday.....it simply said, "I am very happy babe. I am perfectly content with you, the kids, and life. I really can’t remember the last time we got along so well. Thought you should know. LU"
"The best educated human beings is the one who understands most about the life in which he is placed." - Helen Keller
5 comments:
Hi BFF! I just wanted to be the first person to leave a comment on your blog. You are amazing and i am greatful to have you in my life!
I LOVE YOU!!!|
This is really neat Dena! I look forward to checking it out in the future! :)
Thanks much!
i will be an avid reader.... i think you've inpsired me to pick up my blogsite as well!
How very blessed your children are to have such a wise mommy so early in their lives. They will be better kids because you & your husband took time to foster your relationship first.
I stumbled upon your blog from a dmmoms post.... and may check in periodically to see what the "Thought of the day" is!!
Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment