Saturday, February 16, 2008

Me Me Me Me

Okay, this I am anticipating will be a short post, but who knows once I start rambling on....just yesterday I went to a local kids furniture store as my little boy has upgraded to a big boy bed. We were strolling around and they have several nice things, but I didn't see any beds that would go well with his jungle room and as we were heading back to leave, I walked through the little girl stuff. I immediately see things that would go great with Libby's room and I read this one pink sign that says "ME me ME me ME."
Now, I don't know if it is just ME, but I definitely do not want to decorate my little girls bedroom wtih a sign that reads"ME me ME me ME" what would I be teaching her, what kind of message would I be sending my child if everyday she wakes up to see a sign like that. And even now, I'm thinking do they really sell those (and the sad thing about it, is they probably do).
I know that parents want to their children to have everything and more, but really is that what we want to teach to our children....that shelfishness is okay?! Or am I simply mistaken in that it is just a cute decoration and I shouldn't read into it, either way I don't want it.

No comments: