Lately, I've been doing some thinking as to what is the breaking point in a marriage? When do you stay and when do you say, I tried, but enough.
A friend finds out that his spouse is having an affair with her best friend and then finds out she is also sleeping with her best friend's spouse, so she leaves him because she is discovering herself. So he watches the kids so she can discover herself and even though he is hurt, would take her back, if she came. And although the situation is different, in the last few months that I have heard of couples splitting, I find it heartbreaking.
I hate hearing that someone I know is going through difficult times. I also know that marriage takes work, a lot of work and in fact the last few weeks have been extremely stressful for hubby and I that we started arguing more often than usual. Trying to clean up our basement while maintaing everything else that is on our plate has played its toll and began to wear on us both emotionally and physically. And as I was confiding my woes to my endearing friend at dinner, she asked if I could imagine my life without him, to which I replied, absolutely NO, but I thought for a moment about what life would be like if one day it got to that point where a person decides that enough is enough and I decided I was tired of being a wife and left, would my hubby be better off, would my children, would I? And afterwards, I realized no - I want to grow old with my hubby, I want to be his ever after.
I also realize that our issues do not compare to my friends, I know there are underlying issues going on that can only be addressed by a professional, I just find it sad that he is hurting and that his two little boys are hurting as well.
My friend told me that hubby and I need more couple time together, we never make time for the two of us and I know she is right, but I love spending time with my kiddies and my hubby together, yet I also realize that if we don't make couple time that one day one of us may wake up and not realize who the other person is and that scares me.
And as my friend dropped me off, she said, "go get your man and give him long kiss." I told her I couldn't, we had been fighting for the last few days, hadn't kissed in a week, and I just couldn't take the rejection...she looked at me and repeated, "go get your man."
So I did....
No comments:
Post a Comment