Monday, April 7, 2014

Two Poems to share for Day 6 and Day 7 of the NaPoWriMo

I took yesterday off of electronics so I didn't get to post my Day 6 poem, so I am going to include it with today's poem

Sweet Child
By DBF
© 2014

I gaze into
those great big eyes

so pure, so innocent
not yet touched
by the woes of the world
no damage to the soul
simply filled with a
curiosity of wonder
a laughter so light, so fun
I see all this
and filled with an
endless love
greater than
my existence


Amongst the field
By DBF
© 2014

The day
breaks
into pieces
it falls
nothing left,
but the orange hue
stretching across
the empty land
glimpse into
a time forgotten
unknown
it beakons
to tell its secrets
share its tale
and I walk
into the field
fingers running across
the prairie grass
I sit
quietly
listening to the tale

No comments: