The last few weeks have been busy - I recently became the President of the kids parent group at school, so I'm trying to learn the ropes of that. We recently were one of several homes that hosted the first Urban Tour de Cluck - it is a bike ride throughout the metro touring urban chicken coops. It was fun, we had about 30 or so people go through and visit our coop and chickens.
And we also decided to put our house on the market - the hubs wants an acreage, so we decided to list it as For Sale By Owner right now, because we are not in a hurry - we need to find land to build our house on. Once we do that, then we will most likely get a realtor to actually list it, but there are three other house for sale on our street, so we figured we might as well take advantage of people driving by with sticking a sign in our yard.
It is bittersweet - I look forward to building a house the way we want and having a larger space, but I really love the home and community we live in - change is hard, but I look at it as if things are meant to be, life will sort itself out.I want to stay within 20 minutes and no more than 30 minutes of the metro - so hopefully we will find land that suits what we want - the hub knows someone who offered to sell us 10 acres of his large farm, but it is further than I want to be, but like I said, whatever will be, will be.
Yesterday was Mother's Day and I celebrated simply by being with my children - I got breakfast in bed, a beautiful ring, letters, and drawings. We did make a run to the ER around 7:00 pm because my little man has been sick the last few days and was having symptoms similar to appendicitis - I knew it was either a stomach bug or appendicitis, he kept saying that he was in horrible pain on the lower right side and I debated about waiting to take him to the doctors in the morning, but the thought of it bursting and causing more damage if we waited scared me, so in the end we went to the ER - they gave him some tests and said he was a bit dehydrated, so gave him an IV for fluids and felt that it was more a virus than appendicitis and decided not to do a CT scan, but she said if his condition worsened to bring him back immediately. He woke up this morning and seems a bit better, so hopefully he is on the mend.
If you are a mother, I hope you celebrated your day in a wonderful and special way!
No comments:
Post a Comment