She made me smile as I reflected on those moments and so I thought I would share some things I've come to realize over the last 14 years.
- It takes constant work - seriously you can't slack in a marriage, especially if you have kids and the moment you think you have it all figured out, something changes. Some days are simply more challenging for whatever reason, but at the end of the day there is nothing better than seeing the one you love.
- I love traveling and exploring with my husband - we've been lucky enough to travel throughout our marriage, some heavily planned and others spur of the moment and I love each moment, even when something doesn't turn out the way we planned or expected.
- You have to be vulnerable - even after 14 years of marriage I still struggle with this one and yes even with my hub, to speak your truth can make you feel so naked and exposed, but there is no guarantee in life and to live with an open heart, I have to be vulnerable, even if it is one conversation at a time.
- Always make time for silliness and laughter - with everything that life throws at you with schedules, work, kids and balancing it all sometimes I forget to add that bit of humor or just plain silliness to our lives.
- Lift each other up
So what's next after 14 years of marriage? Well let's just say, I look forward to many more years with my guy - he is a dreamer, a wonderful father, my rock and all I need. I look forward to more adventures that come our way. Happy Anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment