Yes, that's right, forty weeks till I turn 40 - that's a big number! I remember when my parents turned 40 and the over the hill jokes....when I think back, I think why was that (or is) a thing? 40 is not at all scary.
I feel more comfortable with who I am then I ever did, I am more confident and more healthy and each day I wake up, I give thanks. So to embrace turning 40, I will be doing 40 weeks of random acts of kindess.
My goal is to do a couple things each week - whether it is putting change in a parking meter, paying for someone's meal or randomly leaving a positive uplifting note somewhere. I want to do this over the next 40 weeks and will post what it is that I did.
I don't expect to do this daily over the 40 weeks, but I do expect to do it several times each week.
My first act was completely random, I was waiting in line to check out and the lady behind me seemed not too happy, you could sense she was impatient. So, when it was finally my turn and the cahsier handed me my change, which happened to be $10 and some coins, I told the cashier to use the change for the lady behind me. He looked at me and said, "really" and I said yeah, maybe it will brightening her day.
Then my next act that day, we were out and a woman looked really nice and so I told her and she instantly smiled and said thank you.
“The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre
No comments:
Post a Comment