Sunday, April 27, 2008

Planting Seeds to Grow On

This morning we drove down to Goode's Greenhouse and got a few plants and seeds for our garden. It was a little chilly, but definitely nice to be outside and begin planting, which I must confess...hubby did most of the work. We still have much to do, but it is coming along nicely. We planted a couple rows of wildflowers and peonies.
We also planted a few veggies and herbs, which will be fun. We are going to plant cucumbers, tomatos, peppers, spinach, honeydew, grapes, raspberries, snap peas, we may try a few stalks of corn, still debating on that one and The Perkins will be sharing in our garden, so whatever they want to plant. It will just be nice to have some fresh veggies around. The kids will enjoy picking them from the garden. They had fun just digging with the shovels and putting dirt in the pail.
We still need to find a place for our tree, not sure where to put it, but it is beginning to bloom, so we need to get in the ground soon. I was thinking somewhere in the front, but not sure.
I am really excited to plant the lavender bushes in the front as I love the smell of lavender, one of these days I will have a nice little lavender farm and hubby can have his vineyard....so nice to dream.
Anyway, I just wanted to share in my beginnings of this garden adventure.

"It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought." ~James Douglas

No comments: