Monday, May 19, 2008

Picking Sunshine

The sun was shinning and it was just a beautiful day, so I asked my kids if they wanted to go on a picnic for lunch. We packed a quick lunch, the always reliable PBJ, raisins, cheddar goldfish and pretzels. I grabbed a ball and a blanket and we headed off and we found a nice spot to lay the blanket down and have a picnic.
My sweet pea rolled over on her back and just had the biggest smile on her face, I loved it. Then my little man took his shoes off and started picking the dandilions, sniffing them and so his sister decided to help. They picked a whole bunch and she handed them to me and said, "here mommy, we picked sunshine for you, a whole bunch too."

It is in these moments that I just love and want to pause, freeze the moment, and put it in my pocket. They are young for such a sort time and every day I see something new and wonderous. My little girl is now asking with every word she hears or sees, "What letter does water begin with?" And as I tell her, she practices and my little man, he is just talking in full sentences now and I am like where did my baby boy go? I want to expose them to every wonder of the world, I've started teaching them their body parts in Maori and some Spanish. I can't get over how quickly they recall it - they impress me everyday!

1 comment:

Alan and Maria said...

That is so adorable Dena! How did she come up to think to say that?