Monday, December 29, 2008
Testing Updates
Okay, so we met with the a couple of the doctors regarding the kidney transplant and I am indeed a possible match for my mom. Hubby came with me so he could ask any questions that he had and I was glad that he was there with me. So needless to say I can donate my kidney, the next step I believe is that they will meet with a committee to decide if it is still in the best interest of my mom and myself and then they will let me know. I did say I wanted to wait till I finished my master's program. The only thing I worry about is the recovery for myself and my mom. My hubby will need to take time off work to watch the kids since I will not be allowed to do any lifting of any sort for three to five weeks and I'm not sure if he has enough time built up to take off and so any time off that he takes that isn't vacation or sick leave will have to be unpaid, which I don't think we can afford that, so if we can arrange help for the time that he can't take off then we will be okay. My dad has offered, but he will be taking care of my mom, so I'm not sure how that will work. I know that if the committee says yes and we proceed, I'm sure will we'll get it worked out, it is just trying to figure it all out now that is a bit stressful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can he get any type of short term disability since he will be taking off to take care of you? It might be worth it to check out.
Depending on when it is Dena I would certainly help in any way we can. Baby Owen should be here Feb 23rd. The week before, and 2 weeks after I have the surgery for placement & removal of the vena cava filter to protect from fatal clots moving to lungs. SO ....like I said I would love to help. What a great thing to do for your Momma!
Post a Comment