Here I am staying up late trying to finalize my graduation portfolio as well as stay current with my two current courses. I am definitely feeling overwhelmed and really, I mean really look forward to graduation. My last day of class is August 8th and surgery is August 18th, so I have ten days to whoo-hoo c-e-l-e-b-r-a-t-e!!
And of course, feeling overwhelmed as it is, there continually seems to be a pile of laundry and a mess of anything and everything laying around and my little man decided that momma needed just another dose of reality by coloring our front door and windows. How and when he did this is beyond my reckoning, I'm starting to think he has super powers - he can move at lightening speed. So, on my to-do list is to pick up a Magic Eraser...I hear that they take crayon marks off and let's hope it does, I already have to repaint the living room. Oh and this is in addition to the "picture" he drew in his room that I posted about on my FB page, which I did allow him to keep. His reason for drawing in his room was good, "My elephant needed a friend," he said. His reason today, "I don't know why" and he got to spend 3 whole minutes in his room and then he came out and said, "I sorry."
My sweetpea is on strike, she informs me that she will not be picking up her toys and that under no circumstances am I allowed to throw them or give them away (a practice I have done in the past). I told her that was fine, but I would be taking her good tickets away and that she would not be starting her dance class next week. She said she will begin picking up tomorrow morning, but nicely asked if I would help her.
The hubby and I have come to some conclusions on a few things and this was actually in the Randy Pausch book, "always tell the truth." We do, but we don't especially when feelings or high emotions are involved, but if we don't then the behavior continues. So, you have now been forewarned...if you ask me something and you get a response that you typically didn't get, I hope you understand...no more sugar coating...well perhaps a sprinkle here and there.
I could go on as it has been a busy short week, but I'm tired and have more work to do tomorrow.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment