Marilyn Monroe said it best...."I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Things definitely went wrong yesterday with various people. Granted there are underlying issues and the hubs has been biting his tongue for a long time, but we try to let it go, but it reached a point where we didn't. Things were said on both ends that were inappropriate and hurtful. Sometimes the truth hurts and we don't want to recognize that there are issues, so in that respect I think after time, we will all come out better people, because feelings have been expressed that otherwise would continue to be bottled up.
I don't like conflict and it bothers me that I was sucked into this mess, it bothers me that I allowed myself to react the way I did, I hate it. And then this morning I was reading one of the blogs I follow and there starring at me was that quote above from Marilyn Monroe....I do believe that everything happens for a reason and when I read it, I sense of ease came over me. I can and will apologize for the way I reacted, but I can't take away the hurt that she inflicted or the hurt that I may have inflicted on her. I can only be remorseful, apologize for my part, and let go. Then after it has fallen apart only hope that better things will come together.
1 comment:
I can say with personal experience. It takes time. We too had a big family mess about a year ago, and things are starting to get better. I too hope you can heal! know it takes time...and takes a LONG time ti forget
Post a Comment