Today we celebrated my sweetpea's birthday. We went ice skating downtown, it was their last weekend and it was lightly raining, but she said she wanted to skate regardless. I did not ice skate as I don't have the coordination and would more likely fall on my butt, so I took pictures and then waited inside with my little man after he was done.
She had a great time on the ice, we didn't stay that long and the staff at Brenton Skating Plaza was great. We then came back to the house and continued the celebration. Indeed, it was a good day filled with smiles, laughter, and cupcakes.
I look at my sweetpea and see this little girl emerging and it amazes me. I can't get over how fast the time went, it seems like yesterday when I first held her in my arms and gazed down at this little tiny face and all the emotions of becoming a new mother. Everyone would tell me to enjoy my babies because it goes by so quickly and you really don't realize it until you are five years down the road, seeing this little girl bursting with energy. Happy Birthday my little love!
"Who would ever think that so much went on in the soul of a young girl?" - Anne Frank
No comments:
Post a Comment