Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh Spring, you do exsist....

Dear Spring, you are drawing near with your warmer temperatures and sun light, how I missed you so. Indeed, it is getting warmer, today it was 41 F and I only had my sweater on, I love not having to put on a jacket, mittens and the whole entourage that accompanies winter. The 60+ inches of snow is finally melting and I am starting to see patches of grass on my front lawn. Granted, my lawn is a muddy mess with fallen branches that were covered in one of the many snowfalls, but alas I am eagerly looking at plants and thinking of flowers and gardens; how I can't wait to plant my garden.
Yes, Spring I love you so....I don't think I've ever been happier to see you arrive and I know, this is Iowa. We can still have snow, it's been known to happen as late as April, but I know that just as much as I have been missing you, you have missed me. So you will push through bringing sunshine and warmth with just a touch of rain because we don't want flooding, make sure you get that down, Spring, no flooding!
The kiddies are excited to see warmer temperatures and are just as excited to get out and play in the sunshine. We started talking about all the great outdoor things we are going to do, I can't wait to start walking in the mornings again with the kids. We made homemade paper over the weekend, it was easier than I thought. The kids and hubby cut up a bunch of old cards, then put them in the blender, soaked the cards in warm water, and then used a frame/screen to make the paper. The crafty hubs made a handy wooden frame and we made about five sheets of paper. The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. I guess we know now what to do with all those birthday cards and holiday cards.
Spring break is drawing near as well and I thought I would take the kids to visit my nana, she is about two hours east of me, I will have to give her a call and find out if there is a day that would work for us to visit and have lunch.
Well, I'm going to start another post on a different subject....I wasn't going to do a separate one, but they are two different topics, so they each deserve their own.

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." ~Charles Dickens

No comments: