Sunday, June 27, 2010

So far, So good....

We've got week one down since implementing "chore" charts for the kiddies. I added up all their stickers and they each get $3.50 for the chores they completed. The kids absolutely love their charts and every day they are excited about doing most of them.
I did find my sweet pea putting a sticker on one item, which was "Picking Up," it was a few hours after breakfast and when I asked her why she put the sticker there, she said, "once I put the sticker there, I'm done for the day." I had to laugh and reminded her that is not how it works, but overall, they are doing great. They enjoy checking their charts to see how one compares to the other and if one of them has more, then they ask if they can do an extra chore to catch-up.
Not to mention that $3.50 isn't bad for a 4 and 5 year old, it makes me wonder if I should have tried this earlier, but they are probably at the right age for this. I think the nicest part is that it is giving them some responsibility, both have animal care and they take this pretty seriously. My sweet pea almost knocked over my little man as they were both trying to be the first to feed the dogs and cat. I told them that each one gets a dog and mommy feeds the cat and if we give extra food for the chickens then each one gets a chicken.
When the hubs informed them of how much they made this week, my little man said, "I'm going to "ToysRUs," I hope he can find something for under $3.50 because I'm not giving out any loans.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one" - Dr. Seuss

No comments: