Updated: I made some more lavender cupcakes and this time used a buttercream frosting and by far this was the best! It was a nice flavor, the glaze seemed to make the cupcakes a bit much on the sweetness factor, but the buttercream was perfect combination. I will definitely be using buttercream for future attempts.Well I finally attempted to make the lavender cupcakes. Anytime I am making a batter from scratch, it makes me a wee nervous because if you don't get it right, it affects the entire batter, taste, and look.
The recipe for the batter was surprisingly simple and they were quite good, there was just a hint of lavender, almost a softness, but they were delish.
The only thing I would change, is perhaps using a buttercream frosting instead of the icing glaze that was recommended. So, the next time I make these, which will definitely be again, I will use buttercream frosting.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for cupcakes
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
1/2 c butter (room temp)
2 eggs
1 c self-rising flour
2 Tablespoons milk
Ingredients for icing:
1 1/2 c powdered sugar, sifted
1 egg white
food coloring (purple or green)
12 sprigs of fresh lavender
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Put the sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor. Process briefly to mix
- Mix the lavender sugar into a bowl with the butter and beat together until pale and fluffy
- Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time, then sift in the flour and fold gently. Stir in the milk, then spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on your oven (mine took 15 minutes). The cupcakes should have risen and be a golden color
- Let the cupcakes cool
Icing:
- Gradually beat the powdered sugar into the egg white in a bowl, then add a few drops of food coloring
- Spoon the icing over the cupcakes, then top each one with a sprig of fresh lavender or candy sprinkles. Let set before serving
“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - Winnie-the-Pooh
No comments:
Post a Comment