So this morning we are getting ready for our day and my sweet pea has a new affliction for words. So, I casually ask her what her favorite word is.....she thinks and says, "can I have two?" I nod and she says, "diamond" and "family," so I'm thinking those are two very different words and ask her why are those your favorites. And she says, "I like the way "diamond" sounds and the shape and it's a mineral (okay, Ms. Science?!)
So, then of course I have to ask my little man, who is patiently waiting for his sister to finish, so he can say loud and proud, "din-o-saur" and before I can even ask why, he says, "I like it because it's just cool."
And what surprised me the most is that I would never have guessed those words to be their favorite words, had someone ask me this, I would have said something like "princess" and "superhero," so I guess after all their worlds are more than just what they surround themselves with.
Of course, they asked me and so I told them, which is "magnanimous" and before I could tell them why, my little man, says, "why is it because it is a long word?" and I said, no I like the way it sounds and then I gave them the meaning of the word.
Magnanimous - showing a couragous spirit and/or generous in forgiving
What are some of your favorite words?
"In a serious struggle there is no worse cruelty than to be magnanimous at an inopportune time." - Leon Trotsky
"We all have a dinosaur deep within us just trying to get out." - Colin Mochrie
"I loved being outside. We'd hold lightning bugs in our fingers and pretend they were diamond rings." - Loretta Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment