Friday, July 1, 2011

My Brave Little Sweet Pea

Today my little sweet pea had her tonsils and adenoids out. She was such a brave girl, we tried to talk about it once we found out that she needed them removed, but she wouldn't. Then last night, she said she was frighten and so we talked about her concerns and she seemed better. She asked if she would have visitors come over and I said I'm sure you will.
This morning, she was simply quite and remained that way the entire time. The surgery didn't take that long, approximately 30 minutes and then onto recovery, where she sat as I rubbed her little feet.
When they came to get her, I started to cry a bit, not that I was afraid, but I definitely would have traded places with her if I could have, I hate seeing my children upset or in pain, but I quickly stopped as I didn't want her to see me get upset. She was sick a couple times prior to us leaving and has been a few more times since we've been home, but overall, she is taking in liquids and resting. We haven't seen any tears, she is just being our brave little girl and I'm so proud of her!
She was excited when I walked in the room holding flowers that my sister had brought for her. She knew exactly who they were from without even reading the card and my sister didn't have to do it, especially considering we had a falling out a couple months ago.
My little man has been a big helper, watching over his sister and when we were eating dinner, she rang her bell and he said, "don't worry I'll get this one." I've got two of the best kids ever!

"Children make you want to start life over." Muhammad Ali

No comments: