Anyway, our school principal left selecting some strange departure words and hence followed an onslaught of questions (myself include) from parents wondering what in the world was going on. Granted, the past several parent-group meetings have had some bumps and you definitely could feel some tension, but to leave unexpectedly, I thought was strange.
We meet with a dozen or so parents yesterday and all of my concerns were addressed and my feelings toward the school did not change, we have an outstanding school, with wonderful teachers and children whom happen to have passionate parents (and there is nothing wrong with that).
Coming out of the meeting, our goal is how do we heal our teachers, it was a fantastic meeting and a reminder that even through differences shared among parents, we can still see through it and move on in a positive direction.
However, for some reason, that doesn't seem to apply to family...why is that?
Saturday was a busy day filled with a baby shower, which was fantastic and then my sweet pea's group violin recital, which I didn't send a bunch of invites out simply because it was her group performance and she has those often. Then the husband and I left early as he had a EPI dinner (which was wonderful by the way) at a fancy-smanshe restaurant on the 34th floor (amazing views) with all the full dinnerware and serving utensils....I leaned over to the husband and said, "outside in," but it seemed he knew what to use. When we left, the manager gave all the women roses (um, I think that should be a requirement for all restaurants, I bet there would be fewer complaints).
So, as I'm taking in the wonderful evening that we just had, my husband informs me that we got a lovely (not) email, but he took care of it and that I should ignore it....(yeah, like that is going to happen).
I opened it up on my phone, started to the read the first line, laughed and then stopped, hit reply and typed, "I'm not going to let you drag this into something, I asked so and so...blah, blah and she said no. I said we exchanged some emails, but haven't gotten anywhere. I told you in my last email regarding the party, that our son had karate that night and we MAY be there. I'm done playing these stupid games with you, move on, I have."
And that is where I left it, as I was thinking about the situation, the more upset I became and therefore I called so and so informing them of the situation and that I am through with this bull honky. I talked to a counselor a couple years ago because of the crap this individual was pulling and so I'm not going to allow myself to be dragged into her whirlwind of drama she wants to create with me over something she thinks I said and we all know how second-hand information works. This is just another example in the many that I have endured over the years and it is exhausting, sorry folks, not going to fall into this once again, it is almost like "bullying" behavior.
I thought I made it clear last round, what I would do and apparently it wasn't clear enough. I will not allow myself or my family go down this destructive path, try as you might to pull me down, not happening. My husband has had enough and I am beyond caring anymore. I've gone from trying to understand, trying to change how I responded and stay out, to now not giving a flying leap.
The past is the past and I'm moving forward without all this in my life. It was nice at times and I have some good memories that I will select to remember, but out of my life you go.
Time after time I've attempted to mend things and it is a no-go, I'm not chasing. It is funny how quickly people forget the role they have played in this dysfunction and try to put it on me, but you know what, fine, so be it, I'm done concerning myself with it anymore. C'est la vie
No comments:
Post a Comment