Monday, January 30, 2012

Getting all P and Z up in here.....

I am now proudly serving on the Planning and Zoning committee in our community and had my first meeting last week. It was definitely not what I had imagined and I am pretty sure I'm the youngest on the committee, but then if you look at the average age in this community, it is mostly an older community, but I think the city is wanting to attract younger families.

I was anxious about my first meeting since I have no background in this area, but once I met everyone, I felt better about it. The committee is completely made up of citizens with various backgrounds and I think it will be interesting serving on it...a new adventure. So, I've read all the Planning and Zoning codes (not an expert yet) and I've got my game face on and ready to get all P'ed and Z'ed up...hopefully while making a more sustainable community.

"I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones."
John Cage

No comments: