On Tuesday I got a message from the the kids school that another child spit on my son, but the "situation" was handled. My first reaction was, what does that mean? Did the boy apologize, emotionally how is my son?
So, I sent a reply back indicating that I wanted to know if the boy apologized and was remorseful in any way and do I need to pick my son up? I mean, I was stunned to hear this, we choose to send our kids to a Montessori school to because the values that the kids learn in this type of environment and granted I realize no school is free from these types of incidents, but if my child did this, I would definitely want my child to face the consequences of that type of behavior. The hubs responded back as well indicating that this was not acceptable behavior and he wanted a formal apology. When I finally saw my son, I asked him about it, he said he doesn't know why the boy did it, but he was playing with two other boys and this kid ran up and spat at the back of his head and when he asked why, the kid said nothing and so my little man said, well I'm going to tell and the kid stated, "I don't care." My little man said, I really wanted to punch him, but I knew I would get in trouble instead, so I told. I told him he did the right thing. Wednesday the hubs and my little man went to the Principal's office where the other boy apologized, I just hope this kid learns his lesson and that type of behavior is not okay. I hope this is a one time situation and nothing like this happens again.
The other happenings and what nots.....it has been over a month since I found myself trapped in "Dramaville" and since that time, a couple people chose to "defriend" me on Facebook, which I understand, I've done it myself, so it is what it is, I think I was just more surprised by who it. During the whole mess and to my surprise, I received an outpouring of love and support from old friends, new friends, family, in-laws, and more. I will admit, I was quite depressed and distraught for a few days after the whole fiasco. It hadn't fully sunk in until I was in the middle of a work project and found myself uncontrollably crying. And then slowly, I would get a message or some words of comfort and support from the people in my life, all telling me the same thing....it was in these moments that helped me realize that this person and those that defend such actions really don't KNOW me.
And as I sat in bed at night thinking and realized regardless of who, I don't want people in my life that treat people that way because at the end of the day you want to surround yourself with people who support you in the times of craziness, in times of happiness, in times of chaos, in times of those good days and more...you don't want people in your life who make you doubt yourself, lie, or make snide remarks. I have reached out one too many times to count to this person, all of which have been rebuffed and rejected and yet as time progressed I would continue to reach out because in my heart I knew this was the right thing to do, even though I knew what the answer was. I have always been willing to admit and ask for forgiveness for my part in the mess that was created, even though I knew I would never receive an apologize for the hurt that was inflicted upon me, yet I still reached out. And as I was reflecting on the support I was being given, something clicked inside me....I can't quite explain it, but I realized that you can't reach out for middle ground when someone isn't wanting to meet you halfway or for that matter at all ever cared about you.
I was overwhelmed with the love and support from all of you, it was
unexpected, but greatly appreciated! And it is in those words that made
me come to see that I am a strong person. And in looking back through the years, the only time we have had conflict is when I have stood up for myself, so I could choose to be silent and let things be said or I could stand up. So, I want to say "Thank You" to the many people who reached out to me, whether it was one word or a letter, you have opened my eyes for the better.
"The
turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the
core of strength within you that survives all hurt." ~Max Lerner
No comments:
Post a Comment