It's been a while, we have moved out of our beloved WH home and temporarily in a cute rental till we build. It's been a whirlwind and we have about a third of our stuff out, but most in boxes still because there is no room. It has been an adjustment and eye-opening, I've talked with friends about how I would love a tiny home, but considering we have downsized in the rental, I've come to realize that I could do a tiny home, but not with the kids. My current office space is in the living room, which the kids also hang out in, so I'm constantly telling them to keep it down so I can concentrate and they will only play outside for so long before it gets too hot that they want to come in, so it's been interesting to say the least.
We've not broken ground on our lot (yet) which has been frustrating, but we haven't gotten a final quote, so really we can't until we get that. The hubs is getting frustrated as am I and I wonder if we should just start looking a houses already on the market? I feel lost in this process and all of it is new territory for us, so I don't really know what to expect. We have reached out to another builder and maybe things will move quicker, who knows. As of now, the prospect of picking up and moving to some remote island keeps looking better. I can make a pretty mean rum punch.
The kids will start school in a couple weeks, both are excited and I'm pretty excited to get back into some type of routine. The summer has not been what we planned, but we've been reading some great books, enjoying the pool, and have had lots of smoothies and ice cream. We did take a weekend trip to St. Louis and hit the City Museum
If you have not been, it is completely awesome and amazingly fun! I think I had just as much fun as the kids.
The move has taken a lot out of us and I'm glad it's over, and not looking forward to another one later (whatever that looks like).

No comments:
Post a Comment