Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Hubby and I will be celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary this Saturday. I totally can't believe it has been six years and yet there are moments when I find myself smiling just by thinking of him. We've had some crazy times, but what couple doesn't. I really can't imagine my life without him. It is absolutely wonderful to know I have found someone who knows me so well. Someone who wipes my tears, tickles me endlessly, and still calls me sexy.

I remember the first moment I saw him at my friend's birthday party and I immediately thought "I'm going to marry him," I had no idea why I thought that, but I knew it and I later told my mom that night that I had met my future husband. And so went six months and I didn't see him again, until he ran into my friend and gave his number to her to give to me. She had to convince me as to why I should call him because I didn't think I could, but she did and we talked, we talked for three hours about everything and anything and we ended the call with a time and date for our first date. One of my friends told me to stay away from him (P-aren't you glad I didn't listen), she said he is a bad boy and he will break your heart. And I did think about cancelling the whole thing, I had been through enough and really didn't want to get involved only to get hurt, so I debated, but my heart told me no - I knew he was the one.

I remember the morning I woke up on our wedding day thinking is this really going to happen to which lead me into a panic attack and then I left for the whole makeup/hair stuff and came back to my parent's house and sitting on the table was a vase of 32 red roses and 1 white rose perfectly in the center - on the card it said, "a red rose for each month we have spent together and a white for the lifetime we'll spend together." I melted and couldn't wait to see you and when I turned the corner coming into the balacony, I immediately locked eyes with you and knew you would make my life better and because of you, I now know what love really is.

Happy Anniversary my love, my constant, my sometimes you make me so frustrated, my kindred spirit - I thank you for the six wonderful, crazy years and our children - you've made my dreams come true.

And really who would have thought that this one girl, born in New Zealand and this one boy, born in Iowa would cross paths, but I suppose no explanation is needed because only we know!

I love you, babe, your are everything, p.s.

"All of us are born with the need to share our lives with someone. The fullfillment of this need can be the cause of constant concern and occasional pain. For it can't be fullfilled by one person reaching, but only when two are willing to meet halfway." - Javan


No comments: