Sunday, September 7, 2008

Falling Leaves

Already? I keep forgetting that we are entering into September and the air has already shifted, the days are getting cooler and you can feel the crisp in the morning air. I love fall, but I'm really not ready for it - we didn't have very many hot sultry days here in Iowa this summer and when we do, I long for fall, but it has been a rather pleasant summer.
With fall comes classes and I started my new semester, which I'm having a terrible time trying to keep up with the house, kids, and reading assignments between the two classes, but I keep telling myself...one year...one year.
My mom also had her sleep apnea surgery 11 days ago, it hasn't been a pleasant recovery. Three days after her first surgery, she ended up going to the ER via ambulance because she coughed and ended up bleeding from the site in her mouth, lost a liter of blood, she ended up staying two days and then this past Wednesday before she finished her dialysis treatment, the same thing happened, thankfully she was already at the hospital. They put her under this time and said they fixed whatever was happening and she stayed till Friday, she seems better, but not herself. She had to have a blood transfusion before she left this time around and I don't know how much more she can endure while trying to maintain good spirits. Thank goodness for my kids as she does light up when she sees them and they can always get a smile or a laugh out of her, which reminds me that I have to get my little man singing "3 Little Birds" by Bob Marley...he starts off by saying...doe doe about a sa, eberythik gonna be alright...woke up tis morning....there was three wittle birdies at my door...it is the cutest, funniest thing in the world. I love it!
Anyway, I hope things turn around for my mom - I told her she needs to get well, so we can take the kids to an apple orchard.

"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn." ~Elizabeth Lawrence

No comments: