Thursday, September 18, 2008

Family Unity

I decided that I'm going to list three things that I love about each of my immediate family members (no worries the list won't be that long). With my mom having her health problems and my sister recently going through some things, I felt I needed to get it out there, like most families we have had fun, crazy, stressful, ups and downs - sometimes wondering if these people were really related (wink wink) and I don't know if I've ever really told any of them what I love about them....so here it is....

The Three Reasons Why I Love.....

My Hubby - my love - you married me...need I say more....
1. You make me laugh, even when I don't want to and I try to fight it
2. You balance me out - you are spontaneous when I wouldn't otherwise be
3. You always tell me you love me

My SweetPea - you are my first, my little girl
1. Your love of knowledge
2. Your imagination
3. You are an old soul, even at three years old

My Little Man - my boy who has already had stiches and the one I will always worry about
1. Your curiousity
2. Your laugh
3. Your my fighter, yet a gentle spirit

My Brother - what can I say, you are 10 years younger than me and think you know it all....
1. You are fun to be with
2. You are a good helper
3. I've seen you cry

My Sister - we've had our fair share of fights and your older, yet somehow I get pegged as the oldest
1. Your big heart
2. Your carefree spirit (to a certain point)
3. You don't give up

My Dad - really what can I say, you've done so much
1. Your constant support
2. Your quiet nature
3. Your time in the military, a service I may never understand as a civilian and may have resented as a child, but I've come to realize that perhaps there were times you gave up more than we did

My Mom - my best friend, again there is so much more to say, but to narrow it down to three
1. Your resilience and strength - I know it has been tough these last few weeks, but you are stronger than you realize - something I have always admired in you
2. Your fiesty spirit
3. Watching you with my children and how happy you make them

Wow - this was a lot harder than I thought! As I was going through it, I thought of all the good, fun, bad, and sometimes hurtful moments throughout my life and to try to narrow it to three reasons was hard and also uplifting. It makes me realize how blessed I am to have all these people in my life.

My mom told me that she felt something had changed within her after this last bout - that she has accepted that her time may be coming, which is what sparked this and MOM - I can't say what you are feeling as I have not gone through what you are, but I know you are a fighter, you always have been, sometimes you just need to be reminded to fight.

My family, it is never a dull moment, but that is what makes us great, we each bring something to the other.

"The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together." - Erma Bombeck




No comments: