I had posted earlier that my sister was chosen as the living donor and her testing began, well there was some concerns with her and so she can't go through with the living donation and thus it has fallen to me.
So, I talked it over with hubby because I know that he is thinking of this from a different point of view and I honestly couldn't go through with this without his support. He wanted me to discuss it with my mom because all he has heard from her is that she doesn't want another transplant and her recovery from this past surgery took a major toll on her physically and emotionally, so I did ask her. I told her to be honest with me and she did break down and tell me that yes she does want one, which was all I needed to hear. Hubby says he will support my decision and I hope he meant it.
I told transplant services that they could schedule the secound round of testing as I'd like to know if there would be any issues like they ran into with my sister, which would prevent me from being a donor, so testing should begin in the next month or two. I also asked that if all comes back good, could we wait till I finished my master's program as that would be one last issue to worry about, so they said we could schedule the surgery whenever my mom and I wanted it, which put me a bit at ease. The recovery is six weeks, so once I get past the second round of testing I will need to start thinking about childcare for my bebes, my sister said she will come and stay a week or two and I want my kids around, so hopefully that will work out.
So time-wise if all goes good with the testing - the surgery would be sometime next year, my master's program is over in August '09 and then after recovery maybe we can all go to New Zealand together.
No comments:
Post a Comment