Hubby and I have started talking about planning a minivacation for the two of us, it has been a year since our last vacation to the beautiful Aotearoa and as much as I'd love to go again, it isn't feasible this year and I think we are only thinking about about an extended weekend.
I didn't think it would be hard to find a place to go and we started thinking about Grand Cayman since we went there for our honeymoon and then all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica and Bermuda...and we priced out some last minute packages which were all in all a great deal, but when I looked at the final price, I told hubby, I couldn't do it. I felt guilty for spending that much money on ourselves, those darn kids what have they done to me...passing up a nice vacation on the beach being pampered while I sip on my fruity cocktail.
My reasoning, the amount we could spend at one of those all-inclusive places, we could easily go to Disneyworld for 7 days and stay at one of the resorts there and have enough for a weekend getaway within the US for the two of us, so I told him I'd much rather do that. Yes I want a nice getaway for just hubby and I, but for the amount those places were asking, I could go to New Zealand and I definitely would choose a trip to NZ again, but since this is suppose to be a long weekend getaway, it wouldn't be worth it to fly to NZ for 4 days, especially since you lose a day with the time change.
So we know that we will be taking the kids to Orlando sometime, now it is just deciding where the two of us want to go for a long weekend...any suggestions?
1 comment:
how about NY? you can go stay on the NY side of Niagara Falls.
Post a Comment