Getting into the canoe, I already started to panic, but I had to remind myself that this was the river and it was pretty low and I had kayaked in the ocean, so I would be fine with my styling flashy (wink wink) life jacket in our little red canoe. We didn't go far and I probably could have gone further, but the hubs said he didn't want to push it, so we found a nice sandbar and made camp. We gathered firewood, set up the tent and I made the fire...indeed it was me...I started the fire with no matches. The hubs cooked an outstanding dinner, I was super impressed.
The silence was calming as was watching the birds, which we saw three golden eagles and several blue herons. The dogs were entertaining and at night the stars and moon where radiant with it's light reflecting in the river. Against all odds - I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I enjoyed just talking to my husband in that not "mom mentality" that sometimes I find myself trapped in - it was the BEST date night that I have had in a long time and I simply want to thank my hubby for it, especially considering the little ones got sick with the flu (no it is not the H1N1) and have been sick this whole week.
Thanks my love....I will warn him though that he better get me a nicer life jacket if we are going to do this more often, I don't think I could handle that ugly poor excuse of a floatation device next time.
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair." - Kahlil Gibran
No comments:
Post a Comment