It's been a long road for my mom - the kidney is working, but she is using a stint to help with the urine and she is back in the hospital. She was up all night vomiting and apparently she has an infection, most likely from the stint, but we don't know for sure.
I went up with the little ones after sweet pea's violin lesson and we had lunch with her and she said she just isn't sure if she can do it - all the medication is making her sick and shake. I know she is grateful the kidney is now finally working, but it shouldn't have happened this way and she knows that and I think that is what she struggles with. It's hard and I can't quite muster anything comforting to say, but be strong, it will pass and she will be fine. It angers me that she was put through all this unncessary mess. My recovery has been fine - my biggest mistake is trying to over do it, I was rearranging furniture the other day and hurt my incision - it's just that I forgot about it, so I was in pain for about two days after that, but I also am a bit sad in that this was not how it was suppose to happen, but I have to remain positive and grateful that the kidney is working.
"The appreciation of life does not require wealth or plenty. It requires only gratitude for the beauty of the world." - 365 Days of Tao
No comments:
Post a Comment