My mom came home today! YEAH! It is three weeks ago that we had the transplant and even a week ago things were not looking good. We were preparing ourselves for the fact that the kidney may not work, the word "rejection" was not used, but we were thinking it. However, I kept praying and I know others were indeed thinking of my mother and hoping this would turn around and it did.
The kidney has 25% neurosis, but that means 75% is fully working. The docs said because it is a young kidney that they expect her to live a normal life for some time, which is good as we really weren't sure what was going to happen. I really hadn't said anything to my little ones because I didn't know when my mum was coming home nor did I want to tell them that she wouldn't be doing dialysis because we didn't know, so when we heard the good news and I told the kids that the kidney was working, the kids were happy. My sweet pea said, "Yes, my wish came true!" And when I asked her what it was, she said, "I kept telling the higher spirit to make that kidney work and let nanny pee!"
So the recovery process is going to begin and my mom still has a long journey, but my parents can now take a vacation without having to worry about coming home so my mom can do dialysis. I think they are thinking of Airizona, which would be fun for them and I'm just so excited that it is finally working.
"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
No comments:
Post a Comment