Friday, October 16, 2009

Wild Things

I took the little ones to see Where the Wild Things Are today. I was pretty excited about the movie as it was one of my favorite childhood books, in fact it was the first book that I actually remember reading. I was at the library and my sister's friend was helping to teach me to read and it was the first one that I read...I loved the book and surprisingly it is one that I don't have in our collection, so it is on the christmas book list.
The movie was okay...I felt that the movie captured the characters, but to me it didn't capture the essence of the book. And maybe it's just that I don't remember the book that well, but I didn't remember it being sad and I felt like the movie was a bit sad. It was a good movie, but I think my expectations were pretty high and it wasn't what I expected. The little ones thought it was okay, but they asked to leave in the middle of it, we didn't.
I still think it is a great story about imagination and look forward to reading it with my little ones.

No comments: