Inguinal hernia is when sometimes the entrance of the inguinal canal does not close as it should just after birth, leaving a weakness in the abdominal wall. Fat or part of the small intestine slides through the weakness into the inguinal canal, causing a hernia.
So, surgery has been schedule and hopefully they will repair it. They said if they get an open date between now and the surgery he will move it up. I'm glad that it is nothing major, but it's still surgery and the doctor didn't give me an understanding as to whether or not it will be done laparospocic or open hernia repair, they said they would send me more information soon. The doctor did say that it is minor and he should recover fine, but it is still my baby boy and I'd rather go through it then have him. I have to remind myself that my little man is "The Hulk" as he continually says, so I should have no worries.
No comments:
Post a Comment