My little man had his inguinal hernia repair surgery today. We got off to a bumpy start, he snagged a few blueberries from his sister's breakfast. When we got to the hospital and I told the nurse, they ended up delaying the surgery an hour and a half, but then then they took him back around 10:00 am and he was done in about 50 minutes, went to recovery for 20 minutes and then we were allowed back there. The surgeon stated that the hernia was quite large, so it was probably a good thing we did this when we did. It was so cute though, as soon as we walked back, he looked so cute and cuddly, I just wanted to jump in the chair with him, he cried a little once we saw him because he wanted his IV out.
The doctor said he was indeed a trooper and that we could go home, we got home and my little man napped for several hours. When he awoke, he was all smiles and was quite happy for the rest of the night, I'm so proud of him. I need to make a follow-up appointment to make sure it is healing properly. My sweet pea got to spend the day with our friends Jami and Jim, she had a full day of activities and didn't want to come home, they indeed spoiled her. She went ice skating for the first time with them and they said that she did a great job, she now wants to take ice skating. So, I'm going to have a long list of lessons - violin, irish dancing, ice skating, and singing - man...for now we will stick with the violin lessons.
Our thanksgiving was wonderful, my mom came for dinner and we were all thankful that she was with us and out of the hospital, she had to do her treatment at the house, but having her home is a breath of fresh air and now that my little man's surgery is over - I can definitely breathe. I didn't sleep at all last night and almost contemplated going out to face the black Friday crowds, but I opted to stay in.
Anyway, it has been a busy, full couple days, but ones that I am most thankful for and blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment