Monday, November 23, 2009

Blessings

I am blessed and I know I've blogged about my blessings in the past, but I have to remind myself this daily, it keeps things in perspective.
My mother is doing better, the infection has not spread to her brain which is what we were most concerned about - we don't know when she will be coming home, but we are not pushing it either. I'm thankful that this time she got doctors who took charge and acted quickly on her behalf.
The kids and I are starting something new, it was an idea I saw on another blog I've been reading, where each week will consist of a letter, number and activities will focus on that, so for this week - the letter is "T" and the number is "4." Today, we cut strips of construction paper and glue pieces together to make the lowercase "t" and the uppercase "T" - we also made a triangle and looked at what words we say that begin with the letter "T" - I told them that since it was the week of Thanksgiving - we would start our day by saying what we are thankful for.
My LV said she was thankful for always helping her mommy set the table and my little man said he was thankful for helping his daddy. We will make a turkey tomorrow and read a book about Thanksgiving, it should be fun.
My little man's surgery is at the end of the week and this morning I took him in for his preop appointment, I know the surgery will go fine, I just worry about the anesthesia - so please keep him in your thoughts on Friday. I told him he could bring something that comforts him and he decided to bring his Hulk blanket, he doesn't really have a cuddle toy or anything like that and when I said I was thinking something more along the lines of a stuffed toy, he said, "but my Hulk blanket keeps me nice and warm and is cuddly." Okay - you sold me.
I also want to take a moment to express my gratitude to Melinda and Andrew for taking our family photos a couple weeks ago, they offered to take photos for us after my surgery and we just got around to doing it a couple weeks ago, so thank you for being patient with me and giving us the opportunity - we had a wonderful time and the pictures are great!

Anyway, may this week be filled with joy and laughter and you be filled with many blessings, such as I.

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." ~Thornton Wilder

2 comments:

The Woody Family said...

You are very welcome Dena.

We will remember him in our prayers!

ashwini said...

I admire what you have done here. It is good to see you verbalise from the heart and your clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. Tremendous post and will look forward to your future update.

Thanks
Website SEO