Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nope, the door didn't open

So, following up from my post on Monday.....the door didn't open, so for now we will be remaining here, which I'm okay with. I heard back and in the end the job will not be mine. It's tough, but I remain positive that something will come along. I know my mom is happy that we won't be leaving.
There are a lot of people that are discouraged and have quit looking all together and I'm fortunate in that I'm not in a big hurry. My children are still at home with me, my oldest will start school full-time next year, so it is not like I need a job today. So, I will keep chugging along getting my name out there.
I also heard back from the docs, I need to go in for more testing, yippee just what I wanted to hear! He said they may still have to do the laparoscopy, which I don't want either. I have not called to schedule my test as I really don't want it, I haven't had any more pain since Sunday, so I'm hoping that I'm on the mend, however, my appetite is still pretty low and when I do eat, I feel sick. My jeans are loose, which is good, but this is probably not the way I should lose weight.
On a different note, if you have kiddies and looking for a fun activity, the kids and I played "What is this taste?" I blindfolded both of them and they could touch, smell, and taste four different snacks, which I basically had one to two pieces of each. They then had to guess what it was. It was hilarious seeing them touch the snacks, which I had mandarin oranges, graham cracker, pudding, and chicken. I put a spoonful of pudding in my little man's mouth and I thought he was going to spit it all out just because of the texture and then once he tasted it, he was like that was so yummy! And they got all of them correct once they tasted it, it is definitely something we will play again. It was a fun way to get them to eat all of their snacks....hmmm perhaps I should try it with dinner?
We also put an egg in a glass of vinegar and observed what happens over 24 hour period. They drew pictures of what initially happens (which bubbles begin to surround the egg). And I kept it on the dinning room table so they could check on the egg every now and then...the next day, we took the egg out and dried it off. I was quite surprised by what happened...the shell came off when we wiped it clean, it was like it dissolved off the shell, leaving it naked and the egg felt all bouncy and squishy almost like rubber. The kids thought that was pretty neat and then it rolled off my little man's hands and SPLAT. I was disappointed that we didn't get to show the hubs, but we can do it again. I took a picture of the egg in the vinegar, but didn't get a chance to take a picture of the naked egg...will do for next time though.
Well I suppose I've been rambling on for some time now, so I will end it for today...Blessed Be!

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. ~Alice Roosevelt Longworth

No comments: