Monday, February 8, 2010

Waiting...why is it so hard

I'm waiting to hear back if I get asked back for a final interview with the company I applied for in the Southwest region, waiting seems so hard. I'm trying not to think about it, which helps. I've always said that if things are meant to be then the doors open for you, if doors keep shutting in your face then you know you need to focus on a different direction, so now we just need to wait to see if this door opens.
I'm also still waiting to hear back from the other doctor, I went on Tuesday last week, where he said it could be a few other things besides the ruptured cyst, so they took more tests. My blood work came back normal, but I haven't heard about the other. I called last Friday and the doctor was out and they couldn't even find that I took this test...seriously people? So, she said someone would call today....still waiting!!! I decided if I don't hear anything by 2:30, I'll call again.

On a different note, I was reflecting on my new year's resolutions and so far I think I'm off to a good start....
  • I've had two phone interviews and like I posted above, waiting to hear back
  • I had blogged earlier that I submitted a story to the Expressing Motherhood play that would be coming to Des Moines, well I heard back from them. They enjoyed what I submitted, but they did not get enough submissions from mothers here in Des Moines, so they will not be coming after all. I think it is a shame, I think a lot of women would have enjoyed that show and seriously anyone who is a mother has a great story to tell, whether it is funny, inspirational, sad, etc... So, I'm disappointed that they won't be coming to Des Moines, it would have been a great show to see.
  • I've started rereading and editing some of what I've written for one of the books I started, but I'm kind of stuck as to whether or not I create "stories" based on research and other information I find or do I seek out volunteers who would be willing to share their experiences if I changed the names/places, etc..?
And as I'm trying to be true to myself by stepping out of the box, I've come to realize that really the only thing holding one back is our own perceptions and our own expectations of ourselves.We can't soley depend on another to make our dreams come true, we have to act on our own behalf as well. Till then....Blessed Be....

"Whatever the source, it is clear that worry is not useful. It is a cancer of the emotions - concern gone compulsive. It eats away at your body and mind." - 365 Days of Tao