I went to the ER about three weeks ago because I was having horrible abdominal (labor-like) pain, it started about 8:00 pm and we went in around 11:00 pm. They ran tests, took blood, etc, etc...and discharged me around 5:00 am with CRAMPING. Okay...prior to children I had lots of tummy issues, so I chalked it up to those coming back around.
Well, my tummy still has been cramping, feeling sick and icky, and still have moderate pain...so about a week ago I went to see my regular physician, she schedules a pelvic ultrasound, which I did this week.
I got the results today...I have a ruptured cyst and there is still fluid/blood in my abdominal area, which needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. So, the nurses asks me..."are you running a fever, how is your pain?" I tell her I don't think I'm running a fever and actually this week was the first week were my pain wasn't that bad. So, she proceeds to tell me that I run the risk of infection with the fluid/blood still there and so they made an appointment with another physician and from there they will tell me what the next steps are because they don't know the severity of the rupture. I need to go in if I develop a fever, become dizzy, etc...and as she is telling me this, I'm thinking they told me it was CRAMPING, all this time I felt like an idiot because I couldn't handle cramps, yet the yahoo of a doctor couldn't tell I had a ruptured cyst even after a CAT scan...SERIOUSLY!!!!
So I try to digest all this because I knew it was something more than cramps, but I didn't know for sure and I got a bit upset about the whole thing...I found all this out about an hour and half before my second interview for a position I applied for, so I had to compose myself and think positive...which I think the interview went well, but I try to not to read into things or get ahead of myself, I'm just glad I was able to focus for the interview.
I'm also glad that I ended up going to my regular physician for a follow-up otherwise, it could have gotten a lot worse had I left it untreated. So, lesson learned...follow your instincts...it's there for a reason. And as I know from my mother's history...doctor's are not always right.
"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that the stuff life is made of." - Ben Franklin
No comments:
Post a Comment