Friday, January 8, 2010

It's gonna be another day inside

Well another day that school has been cancelled and we'll be inside. The temperatures are blistering cold and we received more snow yesterday, it's Iowa and this is winter, but it has been an extremely snowy start and chilly too. I'm not sure how much more the kids can take being trapped inside or for that matter myself.
We've done projects, played dress up, painted, watched movies, sword fights, Nerf fights, and there are only so many times you can do these over and over. Today we are going to watch old baby videos of the kiddies (it was their choice) and then we will probably make a craft (we have a few January birthdays). I know they are getting anxious, yesterday, my Sweet Pea asked if we can go to the Spanish restaurant for their yummy Spanish rice...I told her that the roads were pretty bad and daddy is sick, so we would be staying in. To which she huffed and said I'm suffocating Mommy...sometimes I really don't know where she comes up with this stuff.
So, I'm struggling to keep them entertained and healthy since the hubs has been sick - I'm trying hard to keep the germs at bay as I dream of warmer weather, my bare feet in the grass, the warm touch of the sun on your face. Oh I could go on, but it will only make me depressed since Winter has just started...YIKES!!! It is going to be one long Winter, but hopefully it will warm up enough so we can get some outdoor time.

On another note, my last entry was focused on trying to be myself (all the time) and somewhat breaking out of the mold that I've created for myself, so in the paper I saw that there was a play that is coming to Des Moines "Expressing Motherhood" and they are looking for moms to submit their feelings, story, etc...it is something similar to the Vagina Monologues, so I submitted an entry. So, if you are in the Des Moines area or Boston area, they are taking submissions...here is the link http://www.expressingmotherhood.com/Submissions.php
I figure it is a long shot, but it is something I would have wanted to do in the past, but wouldn't enter anything, so I figured this was my first challenge. It doesn't even matter if they don't choose my story, I submitted something and for that alone, I'm proud of myself....would I like to stand up in front of people and perform? Not sure, I've read my poems in front of groups before, but never anything like this, so I suppose I won't worry about it until the time comes, if it does. I think it would be great fun and empowering.
I also got an email from one of the companies I applied for, they want to set up a phone interview sometime towards the end of January, the job would be in the Southwest, but I'm quite excited.
I think 2010 is going to be full of changes for me....only time will tell! Blessed Be

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." ~Buddha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for this post. It helped me a lot. Btw How you get ideas for such posts.

Web development firm india