So is your privacy automatically taken away when you have children? Or is it a slow removal process, a little here, some there?
And the more I think about it, really why does one have children? I mean, they are expensive, dirty, sometimes mouthy, demanding, your life is no longer yours, and did I mention how expensive it is?
We were getting ready to read books in my bed when I see one of my kids magnets on our wall hanging and I look at them and say, "Where did that come from?" My sweet pea, laughs and says, "Oh we were playing treasure hunt and I stuck it there, it's no big deal."
And as puzzled as I am about it, I laughed simply because the more I thought about it, there is not one room in our house that is kid-free. You'll find books in our bedroom, toys in the bathroom and not to mention that I can't even go to the bathroom without hearing, "Mom, Mommy, Momma...are you in there, let me in, what are you doing, can I see, why is it locked." The books, sock, or shoe in the living room, etc...etc.... They crawl over me at night so they can squeeze in between the hubs and I...I'm then kneed, jabbed, and sometimes punched throughout the night..last night I slept in my son's room, only because I've been feeling quite sick lately and I need some sleep.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, in fact, I think it is quite funny. I'm just trying to figure out when I handed the keys to my privacy over to my little ones because if I knew then I could have put some limitations on it.
So back to the magnet, I could have taken it down, but it is still there and after we read and we turned off the lights, I whispered to my kiddies, I love you and I'm the luckiest mommy in the world. They replied, no...your not lucky, you're the best!
And there it is...that is why we have children, because there is no other love quite like the love from your child - it's pure, it's unwavering, and I never knew I was capable of loving anyone as much as I do for my babies. And not to mention my life is never, ever boring!
So yes, I've traded in my privacy, handed over my life, yet somehow I'm completely filled!
"Children make you want to start life over." ~Muhammad Ali
No comments:
Post a Comment