My sweet pea was singing lyrics from "All you need is love" and so we ended up taking out the IPOD and playing some music, which whenever we break out music tends to break out the dancing.
And the kids don't have to ask me twice to dance with them, so we spun, we twirled, and we laughed. I'm sure the hubs thinks I'm absolutely crazy when we do this, but I love music and music that makes you dance...what more could you ask for. So we had quite the fun listening and dancing. In fact, my little girl has this one move that reminds me of Elaine from Senfield, the episode when she dances...it makes me laugh everytime she pulls it out. It is like a combination of Irish Step and her own touch....I absolutely love it. I took a clip of her and we were watching it together, to which she put her hands on her face and said, "that is so freaking embarassing." I told her that I loved it and I loved her dance moves.
Anyway, the hubs and sweet pea had to leave for recital practice and it was just me and the little man. He wanted to listen to "Three Little Birds," which he calls "doe, doe" and one of my favorite songs came on. It is by The Pogues and is called "Love you 'till the end" and he didn't want to listen to it at all, but finally agreed and then he said, can we dance to it? So, he stepped on my toes and we danced around the room and I thought if I could choose one moment for him to hold on to, I would hope it would be that moment. And at the end of the song, I said, "thank you my little man for the dance, it was lovely" and he said, "actually...it was lovely, thanks mama."
And just as a side note, I was looking at old posts and it has been two years today that I started my blog (WOW)...it really doesn't seem like I've kept this blog that long...so if you happen to read my blog, THANKS! I really write this for myself as a way to just express my thoughts and my rants, so the fact that people read it, makes me smile...thanks again!
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach
No comments:
Post a Comment