My sweet pea asked me to come into her room and I just started folding the laundry and had the beds to make along with everything else, so I told her to wait. If anyone knows my little girl, she is persistent, so she took no for an answer and continued to ask until I said, why do you want me to go in your room for...she replies, "for a talk."
A girl talk and considering she just turned five, I'm thinking what kind of talk will this be? So, I toddled into her room and she climbs up into her bed and asked me to sit. She starts asking about camping and when are we going to go now that the weather is nice, so we discuss it and I told her how we are thinking of going this weekend. She gets excited and then lays on the bed and exclaims, that is so freaking exciting....I can't wait!
We laugh and then I ask her to help me make her bed, which she does and then she starts talking about what her favorite things are...what she wants to be, how much she enjoys everyday....life. And as we are making the bed, I think is this going to be one of those moments I will recall when she is grown and I am reflecting back on life. I tell my children everyday how much I love them, how proud they make me and listening to her just gave me the warm fuzzies.
The more she sat and talked the more I started to think, how simple life would be if everyone could see the world through child's eyes. The innocence and just appreciation for most things we take for granted or what makes them laugh. The way their face lights up when they get to meet the Easter Bunny or Santa and how a kiss can make everything seem better because to them, it does.
So, thank you my sweet pea...for inviting me for a wonderful chit chat and reminding me just how special you are and these moments!
No comments:
Post a Comment