Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Never Ending Day....

Does it strike you? Those restless moments while you are lying in bed and then a thought crosses your brain, then another, and another until your brain is on super mode with all the things you didn't get done, all the things you need to do, and then future things you should do. ARGH!!!! It hit me hard last night.
I kept laying in my bed thinking if I just lay and close my eyes, I will fall asleep, nope. I tried meditating, nope. Nothing and I'm not sure what time I finally fell asleep, but I remember starring at my clock around 3:00 am and then I woke up at 6:00 am to try and get some work done before everyone else in the house awoke.
And I know that it's my body telling me I need to give some time to myself, I react to stress in two ways, stomach aches and insomnia, I'm not sure which is better and I'd prefer neither, but it's hard to take that moment of quiet time, especially for myself. I feel like I'm getting hit from every direction lately and the light bulb moment hit me as I was staring out the window...for every action there is a reaction, and so forth, so forth until you stop it.
Yes, the little light bulb went off - you can do one of two things: react and propel the situation or do nothing.
Lesson learned after numerous events these past two months, I get it!!! I tend to believe that when you pray/ask for guidance, the higher spirit doesn't say "poof" there you go...instead you are presented with life events, your daily interactions and you never know how that interaction will change you. And I can say that I had forgotten, prior to my children and wedded bliss - I would approach all interactions asking myself the following: "what can I learn from this and how can I use it to make me a better a person because the person I am interacting with is no better or worse than I am."
And then tah-dah...it all unfolds...a few weeks ago, I went to the Iowa Metaphysical Fair and had a reading done by a clairvoyant, after I sat down and only said my name, she took my hand and said, "Who's been throwing the temper tantrums lately and she said you reaction didn't help, it's stubbornness." I laughed and thought, yeah...indeed in a matter of two weeks I had gotten into some serious issues with several people in my life (not at the same time or the same issue). She said that it will only get worse, I told her I knew that and that I can feel it brewing and she reminded me that it's up to me how it unfolds...learn from what is happening now to better prepare me for what's to come. She also confirmed numerous other things that she couldn't have possibly known. And several times today, I was presented with "moments" that I would have reacted to, but I didn't....I paused and decided no reaction necessary, which you know some habits are hard to break :)
And so here I am dishing it all out for you to read....which I debated on posting.
Earlier this week, I had seriously considered deleting my blog. I don't keep my blog a secret from anyone, most people in my life know that I've had a blog for the last couple years. Some choose to read and others don't, but when you start to feel like you have to edit yourself, you have to ask is it enjoyable anymore and I'm just not sure anymore. I enjoy doing this, it's an outlet for me as well as keeping my written journal. I appreciate those who follow my blog and the comments you make, but it's frustrating when someone can take something I've written over a month ago and try to make something bigger out of it, when these are my feelings...
The title of my blog is plan as day..."The rants and raves of a wife, mother, and more." What I type in my blog are my personal feelings to things and events happening in my life. I'm not perfect, I don't claim to be, I make mistakes, I'm just trying to live my life and hopefully learn from the things going on in my life. So, this is just a thought, if you are only interested in reading my blog because you want to stir the pot, just ask yourself what is the outcome I am wanting to achieve?

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

"Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds." ~George Eliot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep your blog, i love it!

Jessica said...

Hiya Dena..this is Jessica,Kim's friend. I think you have an amazing talent with your writing and I think it's wonderful you express your feelings the way you do. Keep it up and hold your head high. You are an amazing woman, just like your mom and sister, and I am so happy to know you all. Hugs.

Only Me said...

Thanks much!