Thanksgiving is upon us and we celebrated at home - it was a fun filled day/evening. I was quite surprised that most of our guest stayed well into the evening. There was plenty of food, desserts, and good company.

My parents came, as did my sister, my great Uncle, and a family friend. And it was just fun relaxing, talking, and sharing in the moment. And as thanksgiving leaves to make room for Christmas I thought what experiences have I faced since last year that I am thankful for? Well, my list is many things, simple, but many things. I'm thankful for my husband and children, of course, they are the spark in my fire of endless entertainment and laughter and what is a home if there is no laughter and joy? I appreciate the family/friends that surround my life, I may not always be the easiest person and I am thankful for those who support me in all aspects of my life versus those who pretend. And I'm thankful that I can really live...life is short and unexpected and I have come to a point where I know what I will and will not tolerate in my life. This year has been challenging and emotionally draining in many ways, but I'm thankful for those tough times because you realize who is a friend, you realize that sometimes no matter how hard you try sometimes things can't change, you realize what really matters, and that not all things are meant to have a place in your life.
It is easy to get sucked into the negative emotions and the WTF's, but at the end of the day - it really doesn't matter, life moves on, and the more you hold on to the baggage the heavier the burden is to bear. So, I look forward to the new year and leaving this year behind - lots of lessons learned.
Happy Thanksgiving...gobble, gobble!
"To Speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, To Enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to Live gratitude is to touch heaven" – Johannes Gaertner
No comments:
Post a Comment