My kiddies and I volunteered late this morning for a two hour shift for the Salvation Army. We rang the bell, wishing people a happy holiday. I wasn't sure if the kids would make the full two hours, but my little troopers did.
It wasn't as cold as it could have been and the sun was shinning so it was a great day to volunteer and my kids had such a fun time too.
My sweet pea danced as she rang the bell and one man said, "seeing her was worth a donation in itself." I would say that 95% of the people passing by donated something and just simply wishing people a happy holiday was heart warming. Now that I know the kids can do it, this will become another holiday tradition in our family. When I signed us up, I explained to the kids why we were doing this and my little man, said "can I give some of my chore money?" and so he put in two dollars.
It was a great day! It was easy to sign up too...if you are interested in becoming a bell ringer yourself, you can go to http://www.ringbells.org/ to sign up.
"Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls." ~David Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment