I came across this blog via a site I follow on Facebook...so I clicked on it and her story pulled at my heart. I simply find it tragic that someone can not only beat cancer, but survive and live life yet be "uninsurable." So any medical emergency becomes a financial burden and that is exactly what has happened to this woman.
She is a local business owner with a small toyshop in Valley Junction, a cute store with unique toys, I've been in there a few times for things.
It's the holiday season, everyone is strapped for cash and we are still paying for the medical bills from my little man's surgery last year as well as my emergency hospital trip, but I feel for this woman. I would hate to see her lose her business...so I made a small donation. It was very small, but I hope that every little bit helps and perhaps if enough people donate, she can cover the expenses.
If you would like to see her story click here
"For it is in giving that we receive." - St. Francis of Assisi
No comments:
Post a Comment