Friday, December 17, 2010

Salt Scrubs and Seashells

Yes, I'm making Salt Scrubs as gifts this year....in the spring I made the Lavender Sugar Scrubs, so I thought I would try a salt scrub this time. The kids are helping me pour the salt and add the other ingredients. They are also taking their seashells that they collected and making christmas ornaments out of them. Each year for Christmas they make some craft to give out and they decided to make seashell ornaments, so that will be our project this weekend.

We are making two different kinds of salt scrubs...a Chamomile Salt scrub and a Rosemary Salt Scrub.
My ingredients are olive oil, sea salt (or epsom salt), and rosemary or chamomile, which I blended the chamomile with a touch of vanilla and it smells great. I can't wait to try them out!!!

Below is the blended chamomile

and the rosemary

And here is the finished Salt Scrub using the Chamomile

And here is the Rosemary salt scrub


"I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month." ~Harlan Miller

No comments: