So, the hubby and I did some last minute shopping while my dad watched the kiddies. We were on our way home, when we stopped for a quick bite at Arby's. We pull to the drive-thru window and the worker tells us that the lady in front paid for our sandwich and to wish us a Merry Christmas!
There was no one behind us to pay it forward and there was no one in line, so we will definitely be paying it forward tomorrow while we are out.
As we were heading home, I started to cry and my husband asked me what was wrong. I simply couldn't believe it, I know it was only a burger, but I've never been the recipient of random acts of kindness from a stranger.
Granted, I've done it several times, but never have I expected it to happen to me, so I was completely caught off guard and was simply touched by her kindness to a stranger...or shall I say, "Christmas spirit."
We can't wait to go out tomorrow, just so I can find the opportunity to do the same. She really made my night!
So thank you kind stranger...it is much appreciated!
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ~Aesop
No comments:
Post a Comment