It’s amazing how it’s the little things that sometimes have the biggest impact.
I was making lunches for my children in the morning and as my little man is getting ready he yells, “Don’t forget my note, you forgot one day, so remember my note, okay mommy?”
And as I listened to him, my heart smiled….we are still working on learning how to read with him, so he knows sight words, but sometimes I wondered if he ever paid attention to the notes in the lunchbox or knew what it said.
And I also realize I’m not the first mom to ever put notes in the lunch box, my mum use to put them in mine and I always looked forward to it, so I made it a practice for myself. Yet, my kids never said a word about them, until I forgot. So, I handed him the lunchbox and he says, “Is it in there?” I shook my head yes and asked, “do you want me to tell you what it says?” “No, no, don’t tell me, let me try my best,” he replied.
We get so caught up in the daily routines that sometimes it’s hard to catch those stop and pause moments and here I reflected on all that makes me happy and it’s never the material things….it’s the smile from a stranger, the tug of my hand as my kids wrap their hands around mine, the soft kiss from my husband as he walks in the door, a compliment from out of the blue, and the good-night laughs and cuddles. I treasure these moments more than I can explain, I suppose some of it reminds me of my own childhood memories, but it's what I look forward to the most throughout my days.
“Some people drift through their entire life. They do it one day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time. It happens so gradually they are unaware of how their lives are slipping away until it's too late.” M.K Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment