It was funny because prior to going, he asked if he could get a "sports coat" like daddy. So, we looked for a jacket and thankfully found one that was even on clearance. His eyes lit up and he had the biggest grin on his face!
His recital was short and it was great to see all the kids at varying degrees of piano talent and I was so proud to see him up there doing his best.
I'm looking forward to Christmas, this year I tried to focus on something the kids are interested in and get things that help foster that interest, so I think I am just as excited for Christmas as the kids are. In the past, the holiday times tend to come with some drama, but I'm happy to report that this year we have had none.
I've had many breakthroughs this year and taking control of my emotions and what bothers me or what doesn't helps. Deciding what I want and focusing on what I'm grateful for has definitely moved things in a more positive direction. I've stopped focusing on what is lacking and instead creating what I want and I'm refusing to let negative thoughts and energy come into my life.
“Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
No comments:
Post a Comment