Friday, December 30, 2011

Final Days of 2011 Winding Down....

Well it has been one hell of a year, I'm sad to say good-bye, but always looking forward to new beginnings, which 2012 brings and I know that it will only get better.
Of course the end of the year it is always a good time to reflect and I have to say overall 2011 was a GREAT year in all aspects of my life. I've been trying to refocus my energy with a more positive attitude and started visualizing what I wanted in life, so when I looked back at my post from last year, I was quite surprised.

Here is the link to last year's post, if you are so inclined to read it. After reading it, it really didn't dawn on me all the progress I made on a emotional level. Of course, there are still days that are harder than others, but I don't let it get to me like before. I create my happiness and how I react to situations, no one else is responsible for that and that realization has greatly changed my life.

I have big plans for 2012 and have no doubt that I will reach those goals, it may not happen in one year, but it will happen. There is the saying, that everyday is an opportunity and as simple as that saying is, the reality is huge once you realize that all that is holding you back is yourself.

I refuse to carry any one's baggage and as far as mending any relationships with certain people in my life, I've opened the doors, but I can't force anyone to walk in. I can't change anyone or their views, I can only change how I interact with them.

So, here is to 2012....I look forward to new beginnings and a few challenges tossed in, just to keep things interesting of course. May your new year be blessed!

"Today is going to be most difficult and challenging. Today I will face my fears and stand up for what I believe is right. Today my noble and selfless acts will be accused of cruel and greedy intentions. No matter what the outcome, I will be stronger, my family will be closer, and I will finally have the closure that I have been seeking for so many years." - Unknown

No comments: